Tagged by Lashaan. Feel free to riot and mob, as long as you do it at his place, not mine!
1) WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY WRITE YOUR BLOG POSTS?
Sitting on our couch, looking out at the gray and drab weather! If that view doesn’t cheer you up, you’re obviously not a good enough pessimist.
2) HOW LONG DOES IT GENERALLY TAKE YOU TO WRITE A BOOK REVIEW?
About an hour, maybe 2 if I get distracted. Either I’ll go down a rabbit trail of blogs or start paying attention to whatever I have playing on the tv in the background.
3) WHEN DID YOU START YOUR BOOK BLOG?
This particular one I started back in ’13 when Goodreads started hiding or deleting reviews that didn’t meet their intentionally vague and pro-author/pro-selling guidelines, that they introduced without actually telling anyone.
My original book review blog is at Bookstooge.blogspot.com and that was started in 2005. However, even that blog underwent a name change to the Bookstooge brand and honestly, I can’t remember what it USED to be.
4) WHAT IS THE WORST THING ABOUT HAVING A BOOK BLOG IN YOUR OPINION?
The Invisible Reader. It depresses me more than some jackass writer expecting me to be his editor because I agreed to review his indie book. I simply don’t understand those who follow but won’t interact.
5) WHAT IS THE BEST THING ABOUT HAVING A BOOK BLOG IN YOUR OPINION?
The countless horde of followers that I can unleash at a moments notice to wreak havoc across the ENTIRE INTERNET! Fear me, Internet, you have met your doom.
6) WHAT BLOG POST HAVE YOU HAD THE MOST FUN WRITING SO FAR?
7) WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TYPE OF BLOG POST TO WRITE?
Probably my reviews. They aren’t necessarily as fun or exciting to write as Tag posts or the misc posts I manage to spew out, but I couldn’t write misc posts 3 times a week, every week. I just couldn’t do it. This kind of post is icing ON the cake but my review posts are THE cake for me.
8) WHEN DO YOU TYPICALLY WRITE?
Saturdays and Sundays and whenever inspiration or desire strikes during the week.
10) HOW DO YOU WRITE YOUR BOOK REVIEWS? WITH A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA? WITH NETFLIX? CUDDLED WITH YOUR FUR BABY?
Usually with the tv going in the background playing something from Prime. If it’s a Saturday, there will probably be a Bang next to me. Caffeine helps my brain run more efficiently you know.
11) WHEN DO YOU WRITE YOUR BOOK REVIEWS? RIGHT AFTER FINISHING THE BOOKS? TWO WEEKS AFTER FINISHING THE BOOK?
Usually within 3 days of finishing the book. It might not post for 2-3 weeks, but if a review isn’t written within 5 days, all the salient details are GONE from my mind, just like the wind.
12) HOW OFTEN DO YOU POST?
3-5 times a week. Pretty regularly unless Life happens, then it’s anyone’s guess.
And that about wraps everything up. Cheers!