For all the Why’s and Wherefore’s of Survival Saturday, please visit the Intro Post. Thanks!
Today we decided to drop off the “Survival” aspect of this food post. We wanted some comfort food that we knew we both liked, was easy to prepare, was warm and was filling. Breakfast Burritos fit this bill perfectly. Mrs B introduced these wonders to me soon after we were married and it was one of things we bonded over.
1 bag Potatoes Obrien
1 dozen Eggs
8 Flour Tortillas (We’ve tried corn but it just doesn’t taste as good)
Shredded Cheese (lots and lots!)
Bacon (or, as in our case, Vege-Bacon)
1) Cook the potatoes obrien per instructions. We pretty much just put butter in a big fry pan and cooked them over medium heat until they were at an acceptable level of “cooked”. Basically, they weren’t cold and hard. They really looked more like mashed potatoes by that point, but since we were going to mash them into a burrito, they didn’t need to look like golden hash browns. Put the potatoes in a container and scramble the eggs in same fry pan. The seasoning from the potatoes will help season the eggs as well.
2) Next, put shredded cheese and several strips of vege-bacon on a tortilla and microwave for 1 minute. This melts the cheese and “cooks” the bacon.
3) Put your desired amount of scrambled egg and potatoes on the burrito.
4) Wrap the burrito so it completely surrounds everything
5) Enjoy! Remember, a true gentleman uses manners, so keep that pinkie up!
Thoroughly enjoyed these. We each ate one for brunch then made 6 more and put them in the fridge for eating throughout the week. Mrs B recommends microwaving them for a minute when pulling them out of the fridge as leftovers. It is now approximately 6hrs later and I’m still full from the one I ate earlier. They’re filling!